Hot Air Ballooning tour, LankaExplorer Holidays has provided another unique service for you to enjoy a hot air balloon tour in Sri Lanka. The service provided is well-known and well-experienced partners in Sri Lanka. You will be able to avail of this service via LankaExplorer Holidays as included in your tour package or directly from service providers. You can get this service for your wedding proposal, birthday celebrations, Private tour and for your wedding anniversary.
Treat yourself with a hot air balloon ride over the beautiful Dambulla area(CultureCulture Tringle ). Enjoy the breathtaking views as the earth unfolds its beauty with the rising sun over the Cultural Triangle in Sri Lanka. Watch your pilot gradually lower the balloon to inches above the evergreen trees as you pick leaves or touch the treetops, spot a bird or an animal waking to the daybreak.
Flights take off at sunrise and floating at heights of 500 to 2000 feet on average, this feeling of peace and tranquility is apparent from the extent of sighs and smiles as the earth seems to slowly descend below you whilst the views rapidly expand. While you effortlessly drift over the treetops, wildlife, lakes and rivers, cultural sites, local urban homesteads, landmarks like Sigiriya Rock, Golden Buddha and many more are in the view and invite you to experience it.
- November to April every year
- Licensed Hot Air Balloon project in Sri Lanka under the Civil Aviation Authority and relevant Ministries. Ballooning is a form of aviation.
Details of Pilots
- First Aid Expert licensed by Ministry of Health. Has Gas Filling Training Certificate. Speaks English and Russian fluently. Certified Maintenance Technician of the balloons in our fleet Lind strand Balloons, Ultra magic Balloons. Licensed RT(Radiotelephony) user. Has been working for 5+ years in ballooning and aviation. Flown with many different brands and models of balloons. Has 500+ hours of flight experience with hot air balloons. He also is a Microlight Pilot.Spending half of the year in Turkey, as a pilot in Anatolian Balloons, in sister company.
- Graduated from Maltepe University (Istanbul), Faculty of Law. After completing aviation courses in England, Spain, Russia and Turkey, became Private Pilot in 2007, Commercial Pilot in 2008 and Instructor Pilot in 2009. Worked as Examiner Pilot at Ministry of Transportation of Turkey, Directorate General of Civil Aviation. He has trained many pilots. Became Honorary Consul of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. Has 1000+ hours of flight experience with hot air balloons in 11+ years. Has been working for many years in ballooning and aviation.Flown with many different brands and models of balloons. Certified Maintenance Technician of Lindstrand Balloons (UK) and Ultra magic Balloons (Spain).
- The Flight Provider carries insurance cover against the risk of injury or damage to passengers and their belongings during the course of flights. If you do not consider that the amount of insurance cover would be adequate to compensate you for any loss whether for death, personal injury or damage to your belongings you should take independent advice to arrange additional cover. The Flight Provider will not be held liable for any loss or damage to clothing, equipment or effects brought with you onto the Flight nor for death or personal injury unless it has been caused by the recklessness of the Pilot or the Flight Provider.
Payment & Refund Policy
- Flights are dependent on good weather conditions. In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather, full amount will be refunded unless If you wish to re-schedule
- Cancel within 48 hours before the flight, will be refund your amount
- 4.45 am
- 5.00 am
- 5.15 am
Number of Passengers and balloon details (registrations)
- 1-16 -4R-OSY ULR
- 1-10 -4R-ISN | BLN
- 2 (Private Couple Tour)
- Production Place: UK
Policy on Children’s & Woman’s
- For safety reasons, we prefer not to carry children younger than 6 years of age. However, we may welcome younger guests if the current weather conditions are superb for the kids. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. If you have any queries, please let us know.
- Balloon Rides are not recommended for pregnant ladies.
- You should wear comfortable shoes and dress casually for a comfortable Balloon Ride.
- You should allow 3 hours from start to finish. We aim to have you back at your hotel in time to join any morning sightseeing you may have arranged. Also, possible to drop you another location (within our package included transfer distance) if you wish.
- Sri Lanka Balloon Flights are dependent on good weather conditions and Pilot can decide to cancel the balloon flight any time. In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather conditions, full amount will be refunded. Possibly you can reschedule your tour.